1. "With reference to..."
"In regard to..."
"With respect to..."
● With reference to your advertisement in Citizens newspaper...
● In regard to your letter of August 12th
● With respect to your phone call today,
2. "I am writing to"
● I am writing to inquire about [查詢] the position advertised in the newspaper.
● I am writing to apologize for [為...道歉] the late delivery of our recent shipment.
● I am writing to confirm [確認] my appointment with you made over the phone the other day.
● I am writing in response to [作為對...的答覆] your recent advertisement for an accountant.
3. My thought is that...
● My thought is that we would do well to work with Mr. Rogers on the price.
● My thought is that we should meet on Monday instead of Tuesday.
● My thought is that we need a new advertising campaign.
4. in order to+ ___動詞(verb)____
● (In order) to remove any chance of miscommunication, an interpreter should be present at the meeting.
5. in order for + ___名詞(noun)___
● (In order) for this package to arrive before the deadline, it must be sent airmail.
=This package must be sent airmail in order for it to arrive before the deadline.
* in order to或in order for句型中的in order可省略，讓句子意思不變，但更為精簡。
6. for the sake of…
[“sake”解作「目的；理由；緣故」； “for the sake of”可表原因，亦可表目的。]
● For the sake of our customers' comfort, dressing areas have to be doubled in size.
● For the sake of employee morale [員工士氣], the present level of privileges should be continued.
● For the sake of all shareholders [股東], I hope the stock price doesn't fall further.
7. for ___名詞(noun)___'s sake 為了……起見
● For safety's sake, please wear hard hats in all construction zones.
● For safety's sake, there is one fire extinguisher on each floor.
● For efficiency's sake, our factory operates in three shifts 24 hours a day.
8. for the purpose of + ___動詞ing(v-ing)/名詞(noun)____
● The branch will be relocated for the purpose of better serving the needs of our customers.
● If you want a loan for the purpose of home repairs, please see us.
9. It is to our benefit to...
● It is to our benefit to use only the finest ingredients so (that) the quality of our finished product remains high.
● It is to our benefit to borrow from the bank that charges the lowest interest.
● It is to our benefit to follow all the guidelines carefully.
P.S. 覺得不足夠？還想學多點？不用焦急！下一期將會講Email的「主體(Body) 」。